SIGHTSEEING TOUR OF BANGKOK
Sightseeing, Cultural, Meal included
This evocative peaceful excursion takes us to discover the capital of Thailand by coach with a sightseeing tour of the historic centre of the so-called “City of Angels” including golden spires, wonderful palaces and amazing monuments.
What we will see
- Wat Suthat
- Giant Swing
- Panoramic visit in tuk tuk
- Maha Jessada Bodin
- Buffet lunch
- Marble temple
What we will do
- Our excursion starts with a panoramic view of the Golden Mount temple, the highest in Bangkok, the historic fort with the ancient city walls and the Wat Ratchanatdaram, a Buddhist temple with a pink pyramid named Loha Pradat (pagoda with a metal tip), 36 metres tall and the only one in the world.
- We will visit the Suthat Temple. Here you will be able to admire the huge bronze Sukhothai-period Buddha dating from the fifteenth century and the murals decorating the ordination hall.
- Right in front of Wat Suthat, we can admire the Giant Swing. In the past, these two teak columns were used during a Brahmanic festivity: before the ban in 1932, young Hindu monks used to swing and rotate 180° trying to catch a satchel filled with gold coins with their teeth. Even if a few managed to catch it, many died during this dangerous activity.
- We will be ready to join a traditional tuk tuk for a panoramic view of the city till the majestic Maha Jessada Bodin pavilion, an ideal spot to take a few pictures of the old city.
- After our tour, we enjoy an international buffet lunch at a local restaurant, after which we stop to take photos at the fabulous Marble Temple (Wat Benchamabophit), built in precious Carrara marble.
- Finally, before returning to the ship, we have some free time to do some shopping.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- Footwear must be removed and socks must be worn to enter the temples. Legs and shoulders must be covered.?
- Comfortable shoes and dress code that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended.
- The coach transfer from the port to Bangkok takes approximately 2 hours.