ELEPHANT RIDE AND VISIT TO THE BIG BUDDHA TEMPLE
Sightseeing, Nature excursion
This tour, the perfect combination of culture and adventure, enables us to experience a thrilling safari, admire a monkey and elephant show and even go for a ride on the back of these gigantic animals. But we will also learn about local culture with an unmissable visit to the Big Buddha Temple.
What we will see
- Elephant ride
- Show with monkeys and elephants
- Thai cuisine demonstration
- Big Buddha Temple (Wat Phra Yai)
- Big Buddha Statue
What we will do
- Our safari starts with a 30-minute excursion on the back on an elephant through the amazing jungle with its coconut plantations.
- After attending a monkey and elephant show as well as a demonstration of Thai cuisine, we head towards the Wat Phra Yai, also known as Big Buddha Temple.
- The temple, located in the northern part of Koh Samui, is on top of an islet linked to the main island by a raised road.
- Once there, we climb to the highest point from where we can see the entire Big Buddha.
- The modern Big Buddha Statue was built in 1972 and is 12 metres tall with a superb backdrop of blue sky and tropical sea.
- This monastery is an important place of meditation for both the locals and visitors.
What you need to know
is limited, so please reserve early.
- You must remove footwear and wear socks to enter the Temple. Legs
and shoulders must be covered.
- Dress code that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended.