SUBMARINE EXPEDITION IN THE MALDIVES (afternoon)
A tour for our more adventurous guests who want to explore the beauty of the Maldives seabed aboard a unique submarine. An unmissable opportunity to get a close-up view of the region’s marine flora and fauna, rich in coral as well as yellow-striped king snapper, scorpion fish, yellow boxfish and sea turtles.
What we will see
- Malé: transfer by traditional local boat
- Submarine tour down to a depth of 40 metres: tropical coral and fish
What we will do
- Our excursion begins in Malé. From the capital, we board a traditional local boat (a dhoni) for a crossing of approximately 15 minutes to the submarine platform.
- We then board the largest tourist submarine in existence, that has logged more than 3,000 immersions.
- Once on board, we can admire the wonders of the Maldives seabed, going down to a depth of approximately 40 metres.
- During the descent, we make a stop at 25 meters to observe the multicoloured coral and tropical fish in comfort from inside our cool cabin.
- After this extraordinary adventure, we board our dhoni again for our return journey to Malé.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
- This excursion does not include the services of a guide.
- Your submarine immersion lasts approx. 40 minutes.
- Minimum height: 90 cm.
- Minimum age: 4.
- Flash photography is not permitted inside the submarine.
- Transfer from the ship to the jetty takes approx. 10 minutes by motor boat.
- Transfer from the jetty to the submarine takes approx. 15-30 minutes by speedboat or traditional local boat.
- This excursion is not recommended for individuals who suffer from sea sickness or who have mobility problems or back problems.