COLLECTION: THE HIDDEN PARADISE OF THE BANDOS ISLAND RESORT (afternoon)
A unique opportunity to relax in a setting that embodies the very essence of the Maldives; white sand beaches and crystal clear waters. The Bandos Island Resort is a wonderful establishment located on a private island full of charming corners and surrounded by rich tropical vegetation. It is one of more than a hundred Maldivian islands to be entirely run by a single resort, as a result of the 'one island, one resort' policy.
What we will see
- Malé: transfer by traditional local boat
- Bandos Island Resort: tropical vegetation, white sand beaches, crystal clear waters
What we will do
- Our excursion begins in Malé. From the capital, we board a traditional local boat (a dhoni) for a crossing of approximately 45 minutes to the stunning Bandos Island Resort, just 6 km away in the North Malé atoll. The resort was opened in 1972 and is currently owned by the country's vice president.
- Once at our destination, we can enjoy plenty of free time to explore the island and its most charming corners, characterised by tropical plants and palm trees, flanked by its famous white sand beaches.
- During our stay, we are free to explore the beaches that surround the resort. A day at the Bandos Island Resort is a unique experience as it is the establishment's mission to celebrate and preserve in the best way possible the beauty of the natural environment that surrounds it . The sea surrounding the island offers an incredible spectacle, with stunning shades of blue that merge together where the lagoon meets the ocean, at the edge of the coral reef.
- After approximately three hours on the island we return to Malé, where our tender awaits us to take us back to the ship, anchored just five minutes away.
What you need to know
- Places on this excursion are limited. We recommend booking early.
- This excursion does not include the services of a guide. Transfer from the ship to the jetty takes approx. 10 minutes by motor boat.
- Transfer from the jetty to the island takes approx. 30-45 minutes by traditional local boat.
- This excursion is not recommended to individuals who suffer from sea sickness or who have mobility problems or back problems, and to pregnant women.
- Use of the pool is not allowed.
- Chairs and sun beds are not rentable but subject to the availability of the venue.