DISCOVER MONTEVIDEO (Excursion included in the World Cruise fare)
A large elegant city that still maintains intact the seductive charm of characteristic sea resort towns to be explored in an excursion featuring picturesque views and breathtaking sceneries: from the enchanting Old City with its colonial atmosphere, glistening seafront and green parks to exclusive districts.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour of charming Montevideo
- Seafront and Graf Spee anchor
- Enchanting Old City
- Plaza Independencia and Palacio Legislativo del Uruguay
- Parque Batlle and Obelisk
- Stadio del Centenario, location of the first football World Cup
- Exclusive Carrasco residential district
What we will do
- We leave the port behind us while comfortably seated on our coach and venture into the charming city of Montevideo, where colonial and modern architecture coexist in perfect harmony among beautiful parks and dreamy beaches.
- We drive along the seductive seafront where the anchor of German battleship Graff Spee, sunken in Montevideo's port at the captain’s request, is still visible.
- We cross the picturesque Old City where time seems to have stopped thanks to the cobbled roads, shops and the same lampposts used a century ago, and Plaza Independencia, dividing the Old City from the modern part .
- Our tour continues to Palacio Legislativo del Uruguay, which is home to Uruguay's parliament and is considered one of the three most beautiful government buildings in the world thanks to its marble structure.
- We then reach Parque Battle, considered Montevideo's largest green space. There are many monuments in the park, such as the Obelisk dedicated to those who drafted the first Constitution and the Estadio Centenario, built in 1930 for the first football world cup.
- We end our day at the Carrasco residential neighbourhood, the most exclusive in Montevideo with amazing private homes and Hotel Casino Carrasco, a majestic early 20th-century building combining history and tradition.
What you need to know
- No need to book, the excursion is included in the price of the World Tour cruise.