TOUR OF THE ISLAND OF TONGATAPU WITH STOP AT LIKU’ALOFA BEACH
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Swimming
An excursion surrounded by the lush vegetation of Tonga among oddly-shaped palm trees, waves that create natural blowholes, flying foxes and uncontaminated beaches. A island full of surprises!
What we will see
- Coach excursion
- Tongatapu island
- Liahona, Houma blowholes, Kolovai, flying foxes
- Liku'alofa beach, traditional dances, refreshments, relaxation on the beach
What we will do
- We board a local bus and travel along Vuna Road to discover the island of Tongatapu. Our first stop is Liahona, where we can see the only triple-headed coconut tree of the entire southern Pacific, not to be missed!
- We then reach the Houma blowholes, considered the most spectacular of the region. When the waves hit the reef, the water pressure through the natural vents in the volcanic rocks creates a truly amazing geyser effect.
- The third stop on our itinerary is Kolovai to observe the flying foxes. These animals are also known as fruit bats, they usually hang from the trees with their wings wrapped around themselves and are considered sacred by the local population.
- Finally, we head towards Liku'alofa beach to enjoy a performance of traditional dances and some refreshments and to relax by the sea before heading back to the port.
What you need to know
- Transfers are on local buses which are basic with no air conditioning or speaker systems.
- The toilets may be rather spartan.
- We recommend wearing comfortable flat shoes and clothing suitable for the weather conditions.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- We recommend asking permission before taking photos of the local population.
- English speaking guides are not available. This excursion includes an English speaking guide.