PREMIUM TOUR - WAITOMO GLOWWORM CAVES
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Fishing, Meal included
A magical charming place south of Auckland - the Waitomo Glowworm Caves enchant us with their spectacular and truly unique plays of light.
What we will see
- Coach excursion
- Waikato river, Ngaruawahia, Hamilton
- Waitomo Glowworm Caves
What we will do
- On our coach, we take the road passing through Auckland’s city centre and along the Waikato river, the longest in New Zealand, through the rural scenery of the Waikato and King Country’s regions south of Auckland.
- We admire the green fields dotted with sheep, a small settlement called Ngaruawahia, home to the Maori King, and Hamilton, the largest inland city in New Zealand.
- Our visit to the famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves takes us through some limestone caves where we observe rock formations such as the “Cathedral”, an acoustically perfect auditorium that hosted performances of numerous famous artists.
- On a boat, we follow an underground stream through the cave, lit up by the green-blue light radiated by the glowworms. These minuscule creatures emit a luminescent light that creates a unique spectacle reminiscent of a starry sky.
- After our excursion, a typical New Zealander barbecue awaits us before heading back to the ship.
What you need to know
- The coach transfer takes approximately 6 hours.
- There is limited availability of English-language guides.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- In order to preserve the local environment,visitors are not permitted to take photos or videos inside the caves.?