DISCOVERING MELBOURNE, WITH MELBOURNE MUSEUM AND RIVER CRUISE
Sightseeing, Cultural, Lunch not included
Discover the capital of the State of Victoria with an introductory tour to see the main sights followed by a visit to the Melbourne Museum and a boat cruise along the Yarra river to observe it from a new perspective.
What we will see
- Coach sightseeing tour
- Queen Victoria Market
- St Patrick's Cathedral
- Fitzroy Gardens
- Parliament House
- Flinders Street Station
- Melbourne Museum
- Boat cruise on the Yarra river
What we will do
- We begin the excursion with an introductory tour of the capital of the state of Victoria. The city spreads north of Port Philip Bay and along the northern bank of the Yarra river. Characterised by long avenues flanked by marvellous century-old trees, amazing parks and gardens and numerous restaurants, cafés and boutiques, Melbourne is a must-see for anyone visiting south-eastern Australia. During our tour, we will see sights such as the Queen Victoria Market, St Patrick’s Cathedral, Fitzroy Gardens, Parliament House and the historic Flinders Street Station.
- We then head towards the Melbourne Museum, the largest in the southern hemisphere. We spend an hour learning about the history of the state of Victoria through its incredible collection of artefacts and treasures on display.
- Right after leaving the artistic quarter, we sail along the Yarra river to discover the fantastic gardens, parks and some of the most famous sports facilities in the city from an entirely new perspective.
What you need to know
- There is limited availability of English-language guides; if these are not available the local guide's commentary will be translated by a local interpreter.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- The excursion is reserved for guests who do not disembark in Melbourne.