BELIZE CITY ZOO
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Drink included
An interesting and instructive excursion to discover the fauna of Belize. We visit a zoo which houses exclusively indigenous creatures, including toucans, jaguars, pumas, ocelots, parrots, tapirs, crocodiles and jabiru storks.
What we will see
- Belize City Zoo
- Jaguars, pumas, parrots, crocodiles, toucans
- Panoramic Tour
What we will do
- After a short coach journey we come to Belize City Zoo a small place with a big mission. The zoo was founded in 1983 by the American biologist, Sharon Matola and aims to raise awareness about the natural wealth of the country and its inhabitants and to protect and preserve the original animal species of Belize, keeping them in their natural habitat. The animals in the zoo were not captured in the wild but were handed over to the zoo as a result of injury at the hands of Man or because they had been involved in accidents and were brought here to be given all the necessary treatment and care.
- The zoo is certainly worth a visit. We can admire magnificent specimens of jaguars, jaguarundis, oncillas, pumas and ocelots, otters, parrots, tapirs, white lipped peccaries and javelinas, crocodiles, jabiur storks and brown pelicans.
- Our return journey to the ship, will be a panoramic coach tour.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available. Information will be provided in English.
- Given the large number of excursions and vehicles, we cannot guarantee that a member of the ship’s crew will be available to assist you in your language.
- There will be a 15-20 minute boat transfer from where the ship is anchored to the pier in Belize City from where the vehicles depart.
- The excursion involves some walking.
- Minors under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- We recommend wearing a hat and comfortable clothing.
- The excursion is reserved for guests in good health.
- We recommend bringing cash with you to make any purchases because not all stores accept credit cards.