THE IGUANA HIDEAWAY & THE BEACH
Sightseeing, Swimming, Cultural, Drink included
The idea behind this excursion is to offer a pleasant panoramic tour of the island of Roatan, with its lush vegetation and some of the main places of interest, while our guide provides an interesting commentary with historical and cultural anecdotes.
What we will see
- The Iguana Hideaway
- Photo stops
- Las Palmas
- Pirate Bay
- Roatan Outdoor Museum
- Village of Garifuna
What we will do
- We leave the port by coach and, after a short 15 minute journey, we reach The Iguana Hideaway. Here we see many giant iguanas as they move about freely a few metres away from us. Some of them are almost one metre long!
- We then have a break to take some panoramic photos and take in the beautiful colours of the ocean in the distance. Those who wish to do so can buy souvenirs from the kiosks nearby.
- We proceed with our tour and our next stop is Pirate Bay, in Las Palmas, a new beach complex in the bay at Dixon Cove. Here there are other souvenir kiosks (some of which are owned by local artisans), a wonderful tropical beach, a bar and restaurant on the beach and a breathtaking view of the bay with two authentic wrecks in the background.
- Moreover, we can visit the Roatan Outdoor Museum and learn more about the island and its various cultural influences.
- The main attraction of this area however is the village of Garifuna, with its wooden buildings.
What you need to know
- Las Palmas is equipped with toilets and access ramps.