Nature excursion, Meal included
A double excursion that combines adventure with relaxation. We paddle our kayaks through the streams and lagoons of the Belize jungle to admire the local fauna and flora, and end the excursion with a well-earned rest in the swimming pools and hammocks of a fascinating eco-park.
What we will see
- Bacab Eco Park
- Kayak excursion, lagoons, jungle, crocodiles, monkeys
- Relax, swimming pool, lunch
What we will do
- We travel in an air-conditioned coach to Bacab Eco Park, where instructors will provide us with life jackets and all the necessary safety information. We jump into our two seater kayaks and we are off on our adventure.
- We go through a narrow shady stream, flanked by semi-submerged trees, plants and water lilies. The stream widens into the calm crystal clear waters of a small lagoon where we can observe several tropical fish swimming about in the shallow water. With a bit of luck, we could even spot tortoises and young crocodiles basking in the sun. We leave the lagoon and negotiate the second stream where the forest is taller and full of boat-billed herons (of the Pelecaniformes order), green parrots, coatis (also known as miniature American bears) and howler monkeys.
- After our kayaking adventure we return to Bacab Eco Park, where have time for a light buffet lunch and time to relax in the swimming pools of the establishment where we can even lie down comfortably on a lounger or a hammock.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion does not include a guide. Information will be provided in English.
- Given the large number of excursions and vehicles, we cannot guarantee that a member of the ship’s crew will be available to assist you in your language.
- There will be a 15-20 minute boat transfer from where the ship is anchored to the pier in Belize City from where the vehicles depart.
- The transfer to Bacab Eco Park takes approximately 30 minutes.
- The kayak trip lasts around 50 minutes.
- Minimum age: 10 years.
- Minors under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Maximum age: 65 years.
- Maximum weight: 113 kg.
- Wildlife sightings are not guaranteed as the species described live freely in the wild.
- The excursion is reserved for those in good health and is prohibited to pregnant women or those suffering from back, neck and hip problems.
- You must wear closed shoes.
- We recommend bringing cash with you to make any purchases because not all stores accept credit cards.