SIGHTSEEING TOUR OF GRAND BAHAMA AND SHOPPING
A wonderful occasion to discover Freeport, the second most populated city of the Bahamas archipelago after Nassau. The coach tour will take us on a sightseeing tour of this young city, while the stop at the Port Lucaya Marketplace will enable us to indulge in some shopping.
What we will see
- Freeport, sightseeing tour, Open Air Market
- Port Lucaya Marketplace, shopping, relax on the beach
What we will do
- Freeport is a city with 26,000 inhabitants located on the southern coast of the island of Grand Bahama and is the second largest city in the archipelago. As the name suggests, Freeport is a free trade area which, together with the efforts of local entrepreneurs, turned it into the second most popular tourist destination after Nassau. The city is very young, booming during the 1950s, so its buildings are all modern.
- Our sightseeing tour by coach will make its way around the city's main points of interest. We pass through the residential and industrial area and reach the Open Air Market.
- After a brief stop, we move south to Port Lucaya, where we have some free time to walk around, relax on the beach or do some shopping in its unique Marketplace. Founded in 1988, this picturesque 48,500 sq. m complex is filled with shops, restaurants and bars. All the shopping is rigorously duty-free. Don't miss the Straw Market, one of the largest in the Caribbean, and the various arts and craft stalls.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion does not include
a guide. Information in English will be provided by the driver during the