STINGRAY ENCOUNTER & TURTLE SWIM
Nature excursion, Swimming
Let us get closer to the creatures of Grand Cayman - pet sting rays in a fabulous lagoon, befriend sea turtles by swimming alongside them and observe the great predators of the sea in an aquarium.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour along Seven Mile Beach
- North Sound lagoon crossing
- Snorkelling session with sting rays
- Sea turtle farm
- Close encounter with sea turtles
- Lagoon snorkelling session with sea turtles
- Predator tank
What we will do
- We leave the port by coach and go on a sightseeing tour along Seven Mile Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean and a true tropical paradise, and make a brief stop at the Governor House.
- We reach the jetty where we embark on a crossing of the large North Sound lagoon, which covers most of the western part of Grand Cayman.
- Our destination is Stingray City, a series of shallow sandbars protected by the coral reef where these incredible sea creatures gather in large numbers.
- We dive into the water to make friends with the stingrays who allow us to get near and pet them. We can even feed them directly from our hands!
- We continue the tour moving on to a sea turtle farm home to 8,000 green turtles from newborns to adults of all ages.
- We visit the large farming tank and enjoy a close encounter with the younger turtles in a dedicated area where we can pet them.
- We then dive into a large saltwater lagoon where we experience the incredible thrill of swimming alongside the turtles and observe sharks and other abyss creatures up close by peaking at the fascinating predator tank, separated from us by a clear panel.
What you need to know
- This excursion does not include a guide.
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- You need to be able to swim and be physically fit for this excursion.
- This tour is not recommended for guests who suffer from sea sickness and those who have mobility problems.