FROM HAIFA TO THE CITY OF ACRE
Sightseeing, Cultural, Shopping
A unique experience and an exciting journey into the amazing past of a region where East and West meet to create a truly unparalleled atmosphere.
What we will see
- Stella Maris Monastery (external visit)
- Bahai Gardens (external visit)
- Bahaullah Sanctuary (external visit)
- City of Acre
- Saint John of Acre
What we will do
- As we set off by coach from the port, we will firstly be able to admire magnificent views over the Bay of Haifa from Stella Maris. The imposing Stella Maris Monastery , built and destroyed on many occasions until the recent reconstruction in 1836, is the most important Carmelite monastery in the world.
- On the way, we will see the Bahai Gardens and the beautiful Bahaullah Sanctuary, near Acre.
- We will eventually arrive in the picturesque city of Acre. Acre's rich historic heritage, a rare blend of East and West, and a true melting pot of different arts, religions and cultures came together to make the city one of the most important in the ancient world.
- A guided tour will introduce us to the medieval architecture of Saint John of Acre, with its crypt that contains the relics of the saint and the Hall of the Knights. After admiring the majestic halls of the subterranean Crusader city, we will visit the unforgettable Templar Tunnel, which will take us to the light house and the rocky wall overlooking the sea before returning to our coach and onwards back to the ship.
What you need to know
- Clothing that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended (ladies are expected to wear a scarf covering shoulders and arms; neither ladies nor gents are allowed to wear shorts).
- This excursion is not recommended to guests
with mobility problems.
- It is recommended to wear comfortable