BETHLEHEM AND JERUSALEM
Sightseeing, Cultural, Meal included
A fascinating itinerary that takes us firstly to Bethlehem and the Church of the Nativity, which draws a multitude of believers every year, and then to Jerusalem, an ancient city and the cradle of the world's three major monotheistic religions.
What we will see
- Bethlehem: Church of the Nativity
- Jerusalem: Via Dolorosa, Church of the Holy Sepulchre, Wailing Wall
What we will do
- We will set off by coach from the port of Haifa for Bethlehem, a town that symbolises Christianity. Once there, we will of course visit the Church of the Nativity, so called because it is home to the grotto in which Christian tradition maintains that Jesus was born.
- We will travel by coach to Jerusalem where we will explore some of the sacred places in Christianity.
- On our itinerary, we will wind our way through the old part of the city. First of all, we will travel down Via Dolorosa, the road along which Jesus travelled carrying the cross to get to the site of his crucifixion.
- Then we will visit the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, perhaps the place that is most dear to Christianity, and then the Wailing Wall with its touching, mystical aura. Before getting back on board, we will stop at a local shop where we can buy some souvenirs.
What you need to know
- The excursion involves walking for about 2 hours, it is therefore recommended to wear comfortable shoes.
- Clothing that is appropriate for the places of worship to be visited is recommended (ladies are expected to wear a scarf covering shoulders and arms; neither ladies nor gents are allowed to wear shorts).
- Delays are expected when entering the Basilica of the Holy Sepulchre.
- Entrance to the Holy Sepulchre is not included.
- A guide in Bethlehem is not included but you will be looked after by an English-speaking Palestinian local guide. Commentary will be provided by the Israeli guide before arrival at the border between Jerusalem and Bethlehem.
- This tour is not recommended for guests
with mobility problems.
- The coach transfer to Jerusalem takes
approximately 3 hours each way.
- In order to take part on this tour it is
necessary to have a valid id document.