THE CHARM OF CASSIS AND THE NATURAL SPECTACLE OF CAP CANAILLE
Sightseeing, Shopping, Lunch not included
Two sides of the amazing Mediterranean coast: the lovely harbour of Cassis with its pastel houses and colourful boats overlooked by the imposing ancient castle perched on a rock and the spectacle of the highest cliff in Europe that keeps the roaring sea at bay with its impregnable red walls.
What we will see
- Panoramic tour across Provence
- The picturesque fishing town of Cassis
- Characteristic harbour with boats of all kind
- Guided tour of the centre overlooked by the castle
- Free time to explore the town
- Spectacular Cap Canaille headland
What we will do
- We leave the port of Toulon behind us while comfortably seated on our coach and head west through the lovely Provençal countryside through rural landscapes and sea views that seem to have come out of a painting.
- Our destination is the fishing town of Cassis which nestles among the sea and the Provençal hills, a true Mediterranean gem that is still untouched by mass tourism.
- A train takes us to the enchanting harbour with its cute pastel houses reflected in the water and small alleyways climbing to the top of the town.
- We begin our exploration with a guided tour of the centre dominated by the imposing castle dating back to the 14th century and perched on a rocky headland.
- We then have one free hour available for a walk to wander around the boutiques, hone our photography skills with the countless views or simply to relax in a café by the sea.
- We continue our journey to experience new emotions: the coach takes us to the spectacular Cap Canaille headland which is the highest cliff in Europe at 399 metres plunging into the sea. We admire the powerful scenery and let ourselves be enchanted by the surrounding views boasting deep rocky canyons, then make our way back to the ship.
What you need to know
- The road to Cap Canaille is closed to traffic in case of strong winds.
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- The centre of Cassis can only be reached by train between May and October.
- During the rest of the year, the coach can get nearer to the town centre.
- The coach transfer from Toulon to Cassis takes approximately 45 minutes.