GIANT'S CAUSEWAY: GEOLOGY AND LEGENDS
Sightseeing, Nature excursion, Cultural, Lunch not included
A thrilling excursion to admire a true geological marvel that leaves us speechless in front of its incredible beauty and reawakens the child in us due to the many legends that surround it.
What we will see
- Sightseeing tour of County Antrim
- Dunluce Castle
- Giant’s Causeway and visitor centre
- Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge
What we will do
- We start our excursion with a sightseeing tour of County Antrim, characterised by amazing rural views made up of meadows and fertile cultivated land, charming villages and grassland.
- On the way there, we stop atDunluce Castle to capture with our cameras the most romantic and spectacular castle in all of Northern Ireland perched on the steep cliffs of the northern coast.
- We finally reach our destination: Giant’s Causeway, an incredible natural rock formation made up of approximately 40,000 hexagonal basalt columns and the only site in Northern Ireland declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- There are many myths and legends connected to this evocative place, all of which centred around giant Finn McCool. According to certain versions, he built the causeway to reach his beloved in Scotland, while others report he built it to hunt down a rival across the sea. Scientists, however, explain that the countless columns were created in ancient times by volcanic activity.
- Once there, we stop at the Giant’s Causeway Visitor Centre, where we learn a lot of interesting facts on the formation of these spectacular rocks and the legend linked to them, which convey even more charm to a place that is already most fascinating. What a thrill it is to see it with our own eyes accompanied by the sound of the waves breaking on the cliffs!
- We then reach the Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge, a sensational viewpoint from where we can admire the amazing coast with our gaze reaching all the way to Scotland. Even if we don't cross the bridge, the sight of the precipice below is enough to make our hearts skip a beat.
- We then head back to the ship taking unforgettable memories with us.