HELICOPTER TOUR OF THE TROMSØ SKIES
A thrilling 30-minute helicopter ride above the city of Tromsø, offering unrivalled views of the enchanting landscape and the chance to see all of the city’s attractions at a single glance.
What we will see
- Helicopter ride over Tromsø
- Picture-postcard views of the surrounding mountains
- The Arctic Cathedral
- The Bruvegen Bridge and Tromsdalstinden
- Site of the wreck of the German battleship Tirpitz
What we will do
- A short coach ride takes us to the heliport, where we meet our pilot and make ourselves comfortable aboard a four or five-seater helicopter.
- With our cameras at the ready, we’re up in the air before we know it, soaring high over the city of Tromsø on a thrilling helicopter ride with breathtaking views and the chance to photograph the picture-postcard scenery as we listen to fascinating anecdotes and information about what we can see.
- We fly over the jagged mountains that surround Tromsø, and glide over the city itself, which has the largest number of old wooden houses of any settlement in northern Norway.
- From among the houses rises the Arctic Cathedral, a splendid, ultra-modern construction that reminds us of a Sami tent, or perhaps the tip of an iceberg.
- We admire the Tromsø Bridge linking the island of Tromsøya to the mainland, and the colourful cabins of the cable car as they climb to up to 400 metres above sea level. Circling the majestic Tromsdalstinden, we may even catch a glimpse of the distant Lyngen Alps.
- Finally, we pass the site where the German battleship the Tirpitz was sunk during the Second World War – and where the wreck lay for a number of years – before we return to the heliport.
What you need to know
- Maximum weight per passenger: 120 kg.
- To board the helicopter, passengers will have to negotiate a step; for reasons of safety, it is not possible to transport people inside the helicopter.
- The in-flight narration will be provided in English only.