FACE-TO-FACE ENCOUNTER WITH A GLACIER
Venture into the snow and ice that covers the Snæfell volcano climbing to its top with special vehicles to discover the enchanted magic of this timeless place.
What we will see
- Ólafsvík and Snæfellsnes peninsula
- Snæfellsjökull glacier
- Glacier top on snow vehicles
What we will do
- We set off from the port of Grundarfjörður by coach and drive along the coast as far as the ancient fishing hamlet of Ólafsvík at the start of the Snæfellsnes peninsula.
- We switch vehicles and, aboard a 4x4, we venture into the peninsula as far as the foothills of the Snæfellsjökull glacier rising 1,446 metres above the sea.
- We then continue aboard special snow vehicles and climb to the top, directly onto the ice covering the volcano.
- This unusual feature was immortalised in Jules Verne’s timeless 'Journey to the Centre of the Earth', where the protagonist finds the passage leading to the centre of the Earth precisely on the Snæfellsjökull.
- Once on the top, we are fascinated by the mystic energy of this place, which many consider to be the convergence of special powers.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- The panoramic view may be reduced in the event of adverse weather conditions.
- Warm clothing, robust shoes, hat and gloves are recommended.