FREE TIME IN HELSINKI
The ideal tour to discover the city of Helsinki independently and follow your instincts. Design, architecture, culture and food: this city offers countless opportunities while we stroll along its lively streets and large parks surrounded by the sea dotted with many islands.
What we will see
- Helsinki: walking tour of the city centre
What we will do
- We leave the port behind us and reach Helsinki, the capital of Finland and a lively seaside city with an enchanting archipelago waiting to be discovered.
- Thanks to its compact size, Helsinki is perfect to explore on foot. Once we reach our destination, we can venture among the colourful houses, charming squares and panoramic promenades looking for the most beautiful sights to photograph.
- Those who love history and monuments must not miss the magnificent Lutheran cathedral, an imposing Neoclassical building entirely covered in white marble, or the Uspenski Orthodox cathedral, with its golden cupolas and characteristic brick structure.
- Helsinki reserves surprises also for modern architecture enthusiasts: Temppeliaukion Kirkko, a church carved in rock and flooded with natural light thanks to the countless skylights in its dome, is a must.
- To take another step back in time, we can get on a boat to Suomenlinna fortress-island, built during the second half of the 18th century on a group of six islands located in front of the city of Helsinki.
- After our fill of monuments, views and dips into the past, let us not forget Helsinki is also the capital of Nordic cuisine, which we can enjoy in one of the many sophisticated restaurants and bars where chefs serve dishes inspired by local products.
What you need to know
- The transfer to Helsinki takes approximately 90 minutes.