TOP EXPERIENCE: GOOD MORNING MUMBAI!
This tour, at the day break, will give you a deep insight into the morning life of Mumbai. You will have an amazing experience during a ride in the local train – the life line of Mumbai, the visit of the bustling wholesale flower and vegetable market and a visit to ISKON temple to witness and participate in the vibrant morning prayer ritual – ‘Arti’.
What we will see
- Train ride in the local train
- flower and vegetable market
- ISKON temple to witness and participate in the vibrant
morning prayer ritual
What we will do
- Early hours of the day are a rendezvous with the
surreal Mumbai. This mercurial character of the city, when observed in the wee
hours of the morning is quite unique in that you experience the underbelly of this
magnificent city and understand what makes it tick. To know Mumbai, experience a local train journey is a must and will introduce
you to the true Mumbaikar culture.
- You will board the train from Church Gate for Dadar
station where you would also get to see how multi-lingual newspapers are
assorted and distributed with 100% accuracy.
- Our next
stop will be the flower market. Flowers are an integral part of Indian way of
life. In fact, in most Indian homes, the day start with lighting of traditional
lamps and worshiping with flowers. Flowers are brought to Dadar wholesale
market from various parts of the state.
- At the vegetable and fruit market, truckloads of
vegetables and fruits, arrive from various sources across the state, are
downloaded and are moved by head loads and hand crafts. You can see customers
haggle and bargain for the best deal.
- Our last
stop will then be taken at ISKON temple (International Society for Krishna Consciousness) where you
can follow the morning ‘Arti’ (religious ritual with lamps and music). The
atmosphere is so vibrant
and electrifying that you will feel elevated to a higher plane and would get
tempted to join the rituals and dance. In fact, the temple management
encourages interested visitors to join the ritual and dances, which many do
What you need to know
- The tour will start around 5.30 am from the pier, you will have the chance to join breakfast on board after the tour, as well to join tours departing during the day.
- Please check with our Tour Office on board our several offers and the related departure times.