Two unmissable hours to spend on a panoramic tour in the wake of the whales of Issafjordur, the Western Fjord of Iceland with its splendid sea views. We board our motorboat for an unforgettable experience in respect of the environment.
What we will see
- Whale watching on a rib boat
What we will do
- We start with a safety instruction and the distribution of warm overalls and life jackets which you will have to wear onboard. It is important to wear warm footwear and even mittens, as it gets cold once out on the sea. This tour will take you into Ísafjarðardjúp, the stunning fjord region just off Ísafjörður. As the area is so remote, whales are plentiful and friendly, sometimes even showing off for visitors! The tour has over 90% success rate in spotting whales.
- We pass the beautiful bird island Vigur or Snæfjallaströnd, chances are high that you’ll see different kinds of birds such as puffins, eider ducks and other seabirds flying around the area. It is also common to see seals frolicking in the waters.
What you need to know
- Depending on weather conditions the route differs and will in each case be an unique adventure.
- The partecipants must be minimum 12 years old.
- All the partecipants will receive overalls and life jacket.
- Minimum height: 80 cm. Minimum weight: 20 kilos.
- We suggest to bring: a hat, mittens, warm clothes, closed shoes, a camera.
- The tour will be guided in english.