ENCHANTING BRUGES SURROUNDINGS AND LOPPEM CASTLE
We cross the countryside just outside Bruges as we take in the lovely panoramas dotted with canals and windmills. We stroll in a charming old town and visit a majestic castle that seems to have come out of a fairy-tale.
What we will see
- Panoramic tour of the Bruges area
- Town of Damme
- Stop in a chocolate shop
- Loppem castle
What we will do
- We start our excursion with a panoramic tour of the Flemish countryside surrounding the city of Bruges: the typical local scenery passes before our eyes with endless greenery dotted with hills and canals.
- We reach the charming town of Damme, where we have some free time available to wander around the shops and cafés and maybe enjoy a typical Belgian beer.
- We continue our tour of the Bruges surroundings, characterised by a series of windmills with the city's imposing Medieval walls in the background.
- We stop by one of the largest and better-stocked chocolate shops where we can purchase an incredible variety of delicacies.
- We then move south of Bruges to visit the majestic yet charming Loppem Castle with its towers, moat and marvellous labyrinth that seems to have come out of a fairy-tale. The family descendants still live on the second floor, while the rest of the building and gardens are open to the public.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.