#COSTAGRAMMER TOUR AT GENOA
We pick up our cameras as real influencers to explore Genoa’s historic city centre as we try to capture its inscrutable yet fascinating aspects on camera. An innovative stimulating excursion for those who love to share their emotions with their dear ones and, why not, be the envy of followers!
Become a true #costagrammer: upload your best shots using the #costagrammer hashtag and don't forget to tag our official Instagram @costacruisesofficial !
What we will see
- Doge’s Palace
- Historic city centre
- Old Port
What we will do
- We take out our cameras ready to capture the spirit of Genoa and create a true social photo feature.
- Our first stop has to be the city centre and the Doge’s Palace, the hub of the political power and now used to host exhibitions and cultural events. As it is one of the most symbolic historical places in the city of Genoa, this sumptuous palace inspires us enormously: do we snap the Torre Grimaldina, the 14th-century “tower of the people” symbol of the political power and prison for political prisoners, intellectuals, conspirators and anarchists? Or do we capture the imposing sumptuous style of the Neoclassical façade overlooking Piazza Matteotti? Or are we be able to recognise the fearsome Dragut pirate among the statues of Genoa's enemies?
- The time has finally come to venture into the heart of the city. Genoa’s alleyways are a true open-air museum: all we need to do is to look around to discover a myriad of cues behind which lies the authentic spirit of Genoa. Different architectural styles, flavours, smells, languages and cultures overlap and blend in this maze of a city centre where the past laid the foundations for the present. Will we manage to capture all the charm of the unique caruggi in a single picture?
- We finally reach the Old Port, the large square overlooking the sea with a thousand-year-old history and swept by winds bringing new life. Once the hub of all port activities, this urban space includes numerous points of interest when it comes to art, museum, tourism, fairs and entertainment. What do we focus on? We are once again spoilt for choice: do we opt for the famous Lanterna, the tallest lighthouse in the Mediterranean and symbol of the city, or do we prefer the Biosfera, the glass and steel structure enclosing a tropical forest? Do we capture the Bigo, the panoramic lift inspired by the ancient naval cranes, or one of the thousands of boats among which there is even a pirate Galleon? All we need to do is pick up our cameras and start snapping!
- Our excursion has come to an end: we return to our ship ready to post all the emotions we have enjoyed, which will be forever etched in our memories and available on our photo gallery.
What you need to know
- This excursion is not recommended for guests with mobility problems.
- We recommend wearing comfortable shoes.
- Palaces, churches and monuments may be closed without prior warning due to local circumstances. In such cases, our visit will be restricted to the exterior of the building.