CATAMARAN TRIP TO PIGEON ISLAND
Swimming, Drink included
A lovely catamaran excursion to discover Pigeon Island, one of the most interesting places in St. Lucia, learn about its history and appreciate its amazing beaches where we can sunbathe or take a dip in the sea. An excursion not to be missed!
What we will see
- Pigeon Island and beach
What we will do
- We board a catamaran for our panoramic cruise along the north-western coast of the island, during which we are offered a selection of drinks.
- Once on Pigeon Island, we disembark for a couple of hours to relax on the beach and go for swim. Despite its name, Pigeon Island is not an island but a small peninsula jutting out into the sea on the north-western coast of St. Lucia. Its history dates back to 1550, when the French pirate nicknamed Peg Leg made it his base to attack Spanish galleons passing through the Lesser Antilles. Two centuries later, the British under Admiral Rodney fortified the island to monitor the passage of French ships through the Antilles. Nowadays, Pigeon Island is connected to the land by a dam built in 1970 and is a National Park where old military buildings can still be admired.
- We get back on board and return to the ship in the port of Castries on the western coast.
What you need to know
- We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.
- This excursion does not include a guide.
- This tour is not recommended for guests who suffer from sea sickness and those who have mobility problems.
- You must be able to swim.
- Minimum age: 5 years.
- The tour includes lounger and drinks (rum punch, water and non-alcoholic drinks) which can only be served on the catamaran.
- Alcoholic beverages will only be served after snorkelling.