GRAND PACIFIC DRIVE
Sightseeing, Cultural, Meal included
No experience is more thrilling than travelling on the Grand Pacific Drive, one of the most spectacular roads in Australia. Just one hour south of Sydney, the Grand Pacific Drive winds its way along amazing scenery, beaches and breath-taking views.
What we will see
- Royal National Park
- Sub-tropical forest
- Sandwort moor
- Ocean beaches
- Port Hacking river
- Bald Hill
- Sea Cliff Bridge
- Kiama geysers
What we will do
- We leave the ship on a coach headed towards the Royal National Park, the second oldest national park in the world. The site boasts gorgeous and diverse natural sceneries such as the subtropical forest, vast sandwort moors, cliffs dropping into the ocean and unspoilt ocean beaches.
- We will enjoy a photo break at the Bongoona viewpoint and take in the views over the Port Hacking river.
- We then continue our tour of the Royal National Park as far as Bald Hill, one of the most famous viewpoints in Australia where we stop to take a few amazing pictures. This area is also renowned among hang-glider enthusiasts and is located near the famous Sea Cliff Bridge.
- We move on to Wollongong, where we will have lunch in a local restaurant.
- After lunch, we proceed on the Grand Pacific Drive towards the picturesque seaside village of Kiama, famous for its geysers. In case of rough seas and when the wind is blowing from the South-East, the eruptions can be up to 60 metres high, among the tallest in the world. The region's natives, the Wadi Wadi, call this phenomenon khanterintee, which means mysterious noise.
- We then have some free time to enjoy the geysers and go around the village of Kiama before taking the Grand Pacific Drive back to Sydney.
What you need to know
We recommend that you book early because only a limited number of places are available.